Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A GOLDEN HEART STOPPED BEATING

""A GOLDEN HEART STOPPED BEATING""

God saw her get so tired,
When a cure was not to be,
So He closed his arms around her
And whispered "come to me"

A golden heart stopped beating;
Her gentle hands at rest.
God broke my heart to prove to me
He only takes His best.

In tears I saw her sinking,
I watched her fade away.
I felt my heart was broken:
She fought so hard to stay.

But when I saw her sleeping.
So peacefully free from pain,
I could not wish her back
To suffer that all again.

So keep your arms around her Lord
And give her special care.
Make up for all she suffered
And all that seemed unfair.

So many times I've needed her,
So many times I've cried....
If love alone could have saved her,
She never would have died.

Author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment